BUSINESS LIAISON OFFICER VACANCY: Deadline 27 October
Join the Coastal BID team in the rewarding role of Business Liaison Officer.
The Bournemouth Coastal Business Improvement District is a partnership organisation, core funded and directed by coastal businesses. The company mission is to enhance the Coastal BID trading environment, to work directly with BID levy payers and assist them to gain the maximum advantage from the Coastal BID. The post holder will work with partners from across the public and private sectors to lever in additional funds, thereby allowing the BID to deliver more projects. The postholder will also work to optimise awareness of projects delivered amongst the BIDs different client groups. The post holder will report to the CBID board with line management provided by the CBID Manager.
Overall Job Purpose / Objectives / Key Responsibilities
To develop and promote the Bournemouth Coastal BID with the aim of:
• Engage directly with BID levy payers and build positive relationships between them and the Coastal BID
• Assist BID levy payers to gain the maximum benefit from the Coastal BID’s activities
• Secure sufficient support to achieve a second BID term in 2017
1. Act as the first point of contact between the BID and the individual BID levy payers
2. Meet face to face with BID levy payers on a regular basis
3. Identify potential BID Ambassadors
4. Maintain the Coastal BID database with relevant details of all businesses within the BID area.
5. Monitor and review the detailed BID communication strategy, providing regular progress reports to the Coastal BID board.
6. Monitor and review the timetable for the BID process with key milestones on a regular basis.
7. Consultation and communication with all key stakeholders, including all partner agencies and organisations. Ensure that businesses have every opportunity to participate actively in Coastal BID projects and at all stages of the BID process for the renewal CBID.
8. Work with the CBID Manager to ensure that BID levy payers receive regular fortnightly e-newsletters and at least three hardcopy versions by post per year
9. Contribute to the overall management of the Coastal BID and to the development and success of its operation; promote good working relationships with customers, other service providers and / or their agents and representatives.
10. Ensure that BID levy payers receive sufficient, timely information about the BID’s marketing initiatives and its various other activities
11. Organise surgeries/local/sector meetings for BID levy payers
12. Attend local surgeries / traders / business meetings related to CBID activities
13. Seek additional discounts, cost savings and other general benefits for levy payers
14. Promote the various cost savings initiatives negotiated by the BID
15. Work within budgets set by the CBID Manager and assist in budgetary planning
16. Carry out relevant administrative tasks relating to the sound operation of the BID office
17. Comply with appropriate legislation (e.g. employment, data protection, health and safety)
18. Carry out any other reasonable activities as required by the BID board.
Please apply with a CV and a handwritten covering letter. This can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org(Coastal BID Manager) or by post to FAO Coastal BID Manager, Bournemouth Coastal BID, 3rd Floor, Burlington House, Burlington Arcade, St Peter’s Rd, Bournemouth BH1 2HZ.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 27 October 2015.