Coastal BID 2018 campaign
2018 has now arrived and it’s time to celebrate the Year of the Dog!
To kick the year off, we want to celebrate this event and embrace dog-friendly businesses!
For one month from mid January to mid February, we want to promote your business in an exciting way. Our innovative GO Bournemouth Coast app has been re-evolved into a virtual dog hunt, with 11 different virtual dogs located in coastal businesses.
Celebrating Chinese New Year and the Year of the Dog, our campaign challenges people to find the virtual dogs, take photos with them and share on social media for a chance to win a host of family friendly prizes.
Taking part couldn’t be simpler. You can invite all your customers to get involved and download the free ‘Go Bournemouth Coast’ app on their smartphone or Android devices.
Next, you will need to encourage your customers to scan the poster located in your business to unlock ‘Lucky the dog’. They can then take and upload photos with him onto Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #GoBoCoast to enter the prize draw. There are prizes up for grabs for people of all ages, so please do encourage everyone to get involved!
Using the latest technology, our campaign will get more shoppers and families out and about exploring our coastal areas.
With excellent prizes on offer, the campaign will provide an excellent incentive for customers to visit your business over the coming season. It will also help to raise awareness for your business and engage new or repeat customers in a friendly way. This will increase footfall across our trading districts and boost your business.
As a participant, you will receive great exposure for your business on our Bournemouth Seasons social media pages, through our PR, leaflets, website and more!
Follow us on our social media channels to keep up with the campaign and share content:
For more information about our #GoBoCoast competition and to download the app visit www.gobournemouthcoast.co.uk
INSTRUCTIONS TO GIVE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS
- Make sure your poster is located in a visible position (e.g. shop counter)
- When entering your business tell your customers about the Chinese New Year – Year of the Dog Campaign and encourage them to take part and download the app ‘Go Bournemouth Coast’ there and then. Let them know that the app is for people of all ages.
- Show them the poster and point the marker out to them. (The go bournemouth coast logo)
- Instruct them to scan the marker (logo) with their phone once they have the camera feature open on the app.
- They must unlock the specific dog on the app related to the area they are in (e.g. Boscombe, Southbourne, Westbourne etc. )
- Then the virtual dog should appear on the phone screen and it’s time for the customer/s to stand next to ‘lucky the dog’ and take their photos! They can reposition and resize the character by using two fingers on the screen.
- Ask them to share their photo on Facebook or Twitter with #GoBoCoast in order to be entered into the prize draw!
- Even better – Ask them to ‘check in’ to you business on Facebook for great business exposure!