During the 2nd term our achievements include:
Working with our many partners to improve the experience in our destinations. Much of our work during the last couple of years has pivoted to supporting our business as we went through and are emerging from the COVID pandemic
• Attracting £75,000 from the Towns Fund to improve the trading area in Boscombe and secure quick wins
• Securing £135,000 from the Council’s ‘Welcome Back’ fund to provide additional planting in our areas, to clean them and to fund an off season Comedy Festival for all of our levy paying businesses
• Purchase of a “Green Machine’ to assist with maintaining our floral displays, graffiti cleaning and helping recycle food waste from our businesses to compost.
• COVID support funding of £90,000 secured for businesses in the area
• Providing levy payers with discounted PPE during the pandemic
• Running marketing campaigns such as Beyond the Beach and encouraging people to visit businesses safely