Westbourne Town Crier
Can you command a crowd and out shout the wind? Do you like dressing-up? Then you might be the person we’re looking for!
The coastal village of Westbourne are seeking to recruit a Town Crier. This is an unpaid position and you will be expected to attend pre-arranged events.
A Town Crier costume will be provided for use at events arranged by the Westbourne Business Association and Bournemouth Coastal BID business community.
The Town Crier may be asked to:
- Call people to attention
- Make a Town or Event Announcement or Declaration
- Thank people for their attendance or support
- Pose for photographs
Skills and attributes
- Good local knowledge of Westbourne
- Loud, clear and easily understood voice
- Confidence and self-assurance
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions
- Ability to read announcements
- Able to wear heavy costume for long periods
- Ability to interact easily with all types of people
- Friendly, open and inclusive personality
If you are interested in the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org